Please note that Kuoni are our only destination management company. Other venders indicating that are operating for the society should be ignored. We never use western union as a payment portalTweets by @WSPOS
Please note: You must disclose whether you or any of your co-authors have any financial interest in the subject matter of the presentations. Abstracts submitted without this information will not be considered.
All abstracts MUST be submitted in the presenting author’s name.
Rules & Regulations:
All Free Paper submissions must be made online by the EXTENDED DEADLINE, 25 April 2018 | 23.59 GMT (Now Closed)
Abstracts submitted in hard copy format will not be considered.
Once you have submitted your abstract you will be sent an automatic email containing your submission. If you do not receive the email this means that your abstract has not been submitted properly. If this happens, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the WSPOS Office.
The organisers will not accept any responsibility for abstracts that have not been submitted properly.
Each author may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts.
You must ensure to indicate the theme of the abstract you are submitting.
All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Executive Bureau. The Bureau reserves the right to determine whether a submission is accepted. The decision of the Bureau is final.
If a paper is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it. The presenter must be a registered delegate at the Meeting and pay all applicable fees.
Failure to present without prior notice may influence future acceptance of presentations.
All abstracts selected will be posted online at wspos.org. The abstract will appear exactly as submitted.
ALL SUBMITTED FREE PAPER ABSTRACTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH AND FOLLOW THE STRUCTURED FORMAT BELOW:
• Purpose (max 100 words)
• Setting/Venue (max 50 words)
• Methods (max 100 words)
• Results (max 100 words)
• Conclusions (max 100 words)
• Financial Disclosure
– The summary of results presented must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions.
– The Programme Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
– References and credits cannot be included as part of an abstract.
– Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
– When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s the first time it appears in the text.
– The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
– Indicate whether the presenting author or any co-author has a financial interest in the subject matter or receives money from any mentioned company.
– Any financial interest must be included on the first slide of the presentation.
Free Papers Presentations will be considered on the following themes:
• Anterior Segment / External Disease
• Amblyopia & Vision Screening / Testing
• Low vision / Vision Rehabilitation
• Neuro – Ophthalmology
• Orbit and Lids
• Rare Diseases
• Retina / Uveitis
• Strabismus / Nystagmus
• Surgical Techniques
Abstract Submission Now Closed