President: Prim. Neda Striber, MD
Treasurer: Jelena Skunca Herman, MD
Secretary: Prim. Jelena Petrinovic – Doresic, MD, PhD, FEBO
Contact Person: Dr. Jelena Petrinovic – Doresic
Section for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus:
The Section for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus is an active part of our national professional association, the Croatian Ophthalmological Society (www.hod.com.hr), which has been actively promoting this part of ophthalmology in our country since it’s foundation in 1984.
Our Section today has 148 members, including several professions; in a large majority ophthalmologists, but also nurses, visual rehabilitators and even few paediatricians. Our members are mainly from Croatia, but some of our members come from neighbouring countries like Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, as such professional organisation do not exist there.
The Section organizes regular meetings and courses with the intention of exchanging knowledge and experiences in Croatia. Our members also actively participate in the annual meetings of the national ophthalmological society, as well as international congresses and meetings, where they present new achievements and progress in our profession.
Other activities of our Section include promotion of research and development in our field of ophthalmology, improvement of under and postgraduate teaching through co-operation with medical schools, public health promotion and improvement through activities aimed on highly preventable causes of vision loss in children, such as amblyopia or retinopathy of prematurity and communication and cooperation with other medical professions with overlapping fields of work. Education and promotion of this field of ophthalmology among young colleagues is a highly set goal in our Section.
Past meetings and courses:
1) 7th of March 2015 CSPOS Meeting: Visual functions assessment in children, Zagreb
2) 7th of November 2015 CSPOS Meeting: Amblyopia, Zagreb
3) 20th of February 2016 CSPOS Course: Ophthalmoscopy – red reflex test- in pediatric primary care, Zagreb
4) 2nd of April 2016 CSPOS Meeting: Binocularity, Zagreb
5) 7th of May 2016 CSPOS Course: Ophthalmoscopy – red reflex test- in pediatric primary care, Zagreb
6) 4th of June 2016 CSPOS Course: Retinoscopy, Zagreb
6) 17th of September 2016 CSPOS Meeting: Contrast and Colours, Ogulin
7) 9th of December 2017 CSPOS Course: Ophthalmoscopy – red reflex test – in pediatric primary care, Zagreb
1) 24th of February 2018 CSPOS Symposium: Immunology and the child’s eye (https://www.hood.com.hr/single-post/2018/01/26/Imunologija-i-dje%C4%8Dje-oko)
2)23rd – 24th March, 2018 The 2nd Basic Course on Strabismus (held by Prof. Peter K. Boergen from Munich) Zadar, Croatia. Click here for an overview of the program. Contact Dr. Suzana Konjevoda to register for the same.
3) 9th of June 2018 CSPOS Course: Retinoscopy, Zagreb