Please note: You must disclose whether you or any of your co-authors have any financial interest in the subject matter of the presentations. Abstracts submitted without this information will not be considered.
All abstracts MUST be submitted in the presenting author’s name.
All Free Paper, Poster and Video submissions must be made online by the deadline, 30th April 2017
Videos must be sent to the WSPOS office by 30th April 2017.
Using this method you can electronically submit your video.
Log onto www.wetransfer.com and follow the onscreen instructions.
All electronic entries must be labelled and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send only 1 hardcopy of your video and make sure it is labelled.
Send your video to: WSPOS Video Submission, 2nd Floor, Temple House, Temple Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
Abstracts submitted in hard copy format will not be considered.
Once you have submitted your abstract you will be sent an automatic email containing your submission. If you do not receive the email this means that your abstract has not been submitted properly. If this happens, please contact email@example.com in the WSPOS Office.
The organisers will not accept any responsibility for abstracts that have not been submitted properly.
Each author may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts in any one category (Free Papers, Posters, Video Submission).
You must ensure to indicate what type of abstract you are submitting.
All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Executive Bureau. The Bureau reserves the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as an oral presentation or a poster. The decision of the Bureau is final.
If a paper or poster is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it. The presenter must be a registered delegate at the Meeting and pay all applicable fees.
Failure to present without prior notice may influence future acceptance of presentations.
All abstracts selected will be posted online at wspos.org. The abstract will appear exactly as submitted.
ALL SUBMITTED FREE PAPER AND POSTER ABSTRACTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH AND FOLLOW THE STRUCTURED FORMAT BELOW:
• Purpose (max 100 words)
• Setting/Venue (max 50 words)
• Methods (max 100 words)
• Results (max 100 words)
• Conclusions (max 100 words)
• Financial Disclosure
– The summary of results presented must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions.
– The Programme Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
– References and credits cannot be included as part of an abstract.
– Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
– When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s the first time it appears in the text.
– The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
– Indicate whether the presenting author or any co-author has a financial interest in the subject matter or receives money from any mentioned company.
– Any financial interest must be included on the first slide of the presentation.
Free Papers & Poster Presentations will be considered on the following themes:
• Anterior Segment / External Disease
• Amblyopia & Vision Screening / Testing
• Low vision / Vision Rehabilitation
• Neuro – Ophthalmology
• Orbit and Lids
• Retina / Uveitis
• Strabismus / Nystagmus
• Surgical Techniques
Authors must present their Poster as a maximum of 8 Powerpoint slides. On acceptance of a Poster Abstract for presentation in Hyderabad, the author will be fully informed of the process for the submission and display of their presentation.
• 2 minute video presentations (showing clinical signs)
• 4 minute video presentations (showing surgical techniques or clinical signs)
Videos must be in English.
Accepted video authors will be informed in May of their acceptance.
NO VIDEO ABSTRACTS OR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS SUBMITTED AFTER THESE DATES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Site Developed by Agenda Communications | Copyright 2017